- Finding the other person's true interests and desires.
- Sharing his/her consciousness....being there for some time...in the shade of the "other consciousness".
- Addressing his/her concerns/fears/desires...even if you are disinterested in these things...even if you dislike all these...
- Moving from specific to general...personal to local...social to global.
- What matters is how much you care for the relationship...with yourself...with the other and with the conversation itself.
Also on the same page: INSIGHTS IN CONVERSATION
Some more thoughts on CONVERSATIONS
" Nobody listens with the intent of listening, but with the intent of plugging their own story. A conversation which feels like a relay race is a total turn off. A conversation needs to flow like two rivers, intermingling with each other, sharing experiences, co-creating meaning in doing so. That is why I don’t enjoy being a part of a conversation, unless I am really interested in what you have to say, coz am all ears y’know. And I can’t pour my thoughts out unless I know what I say matters. If you can’t improve the silence then STFU, is my mantra." ....
Words from "toblog-with love"
Some more from GOOGLE SEARCH:
TO BE CONTINUED...