Wednesday, April 16, 2014

EC NLP


To understand what NLP is let's hear a story. An old man was bedridden for few months when he was visited by his grandson, a small child. The child started persuading his grandpa to come out of the bed and play with him but the old man kept complaining of his ill health and laid still. Finally the child said, "Do you remember grandpa how you played with me when I was here last time?" On hearing this the man said, "How can I forget those good days? I was so energetic and active. I played with you all the time. I carried you on my back. I was the elephant. Don't you remember? I will show you." Saying this he got up almost immediately, leaned forward and started acting like an elephant. All his health problems vanished and he became active again to play with his grandson.
This story might be difficult to believe but it is what happens when we tap into our resourceful states by means of communication. Through proper communication we can access our previously experienced states and behave like the person we were at that time.
This is the principle of NLP which stands for Neuro Linguistic Programming.
NLP focuses on intrapersonal communication ie., the way we think, the language of thoughts which could be words/images/sounds/emotions etc.
NLP is a science which can be used in counseling techniques to make the client feel better by accessing positive and resourceful mental and physiological states. It can be used in teaching, training, selling, relationship management, public speaking, negotiations etc. It has got areas like re-framing, building rapport, sub modalities, language of thinking, anchoring, using metaphors, etc.


TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment