Thursday, May 8, 2014

EC FLUENCY


Fluency in English or any other language is not just about asking or answering questions...it's more than that. In fact fluency is actually sustaining a speech, conversation, discussion, interview, a paragraph, an essay etc. It is making a combination of sentences to give opinions, views, to argue, to express, to voice our thoughts etc. So unless we have a wide range of sentences at our command plus a good vocabulary plus a nice awareness of things happening around fluency will not come easily to us. Given below is the fluency chart to give us a summary of all the different types of sentences, of the most basic type, essential in any conversation.

FLUENCY CHART

  

© No Copyright - No rights reserved

Be a Sachin Tendulkar of English Communication(EC)

What do you think makes Tendulkar one of the greatest batsmen in Indian cricket?
One of the reasons can be : He has a very wide range of shots.  Another reason can be: He can select the right shot for the right ball.
So there are two things that make Sachin one of the best batsmen: range of shots and the right shot.
Now what do you think makes a person a good communicator in English?
He/she should have a wide range of sentences. Another reason is: He/she should be able to select the right sentence in a given context.


1  PRESENT STATE (am/is/are)
2  PAST STATE (was/were)
3  FUTURE STATE (will be)
4  PRESENT STATE + TIME PERIOD (have/has been)
5  PRESENT POSSESSION (have)
6  PAST POSSESSION (had)
7  FUTURE POSSESSION (will have)
8  PRESENT REALITY (There is)
9  PAST REALITY (There was)
10  FUTURE REALITY (There will be)
11  PRESENT HABITS (I read it daily)
12  PRESENT ATTITUDES (I like reading)
13  PRESENT LIVE ACTIONS
(I am reading it now)
14  FUTURE ACTIONS IN PRESENT
 (I am reading it later)
15  PAST ACTIONS IN PRESENT                    (I have read it)
16 PRESENT LIVE ACTIONS + TIME PERIOD (I have been reading it for an hour)
17 PAST ACTIONS IN PAST
(I read it today)
18  LIVE ACTIONS IN PAST
(I was reading it today)
19  FUTURE ACTIONS IN FUTURE
(I will read it today)
20  LIVE ACTIONS IN FUTURE
(I will be reading it today)
21 PASSIVE (HABITS and ATTITUDES)
(It is read / liked by us)
22  PASSIVE(PRESENT LIVE and FUTURE ACTIONS)
(It is being taught now / tomorrow)
23 PASSIVE(PAST ACTIONS IN PRESENT) (It has been taught)
24 PASSIVE (PAST ACTIONS IN PAST)
(It was taught yesterday)
25 PASSIVE (LIVE ACTIONS IN PAST)
(It was being taught yesterday)
26 PASSIVE (FUTURE ACTIONS IN FUTURE)
(It will be taught)
27  CAN (I can do it)
28  COULD (I could do it)
29  WILL / SHALL (I shall do it)
30  WOULD (I would do it)
31  USED TO (I used to do it)
32 HAVE TO (I have to do it)
33  NEED TO                        (I need to do it
34  OUGHT TO (I ought to do it)
35  MAY (I may do it)
36  MIGHT (I might do it)
37  MUST (I must do it)
38  SHOULD (I should do it)
39 I will have done it by today.
40 It has been a long class.

No comments:

Post a Comment