Saturday, February 6, 2016

A TEST TO "THINK IN ENGLISH"



 TEST 1

Fill in the blanks with the right forms of the verb "PLAY"


COMMUNICATING IN THE PRESENT TIME
1.  I _____ cricket daily.
2.  I _____ playing cricket. (use a verb which shows an ATTITUDE)
3.  I __ _________ cricket now.
4.  I __ _________ cricket in the evening.
5.  I ___ never ______ cricket in my life.
6.  I ___ ____ ______  cricket for the last five years.

COMMUNICATING IN THE PAST TIME
7.  I _______ cricket yesterday.
8.  I __ _____ cricket when the phone rang.

COMMUNICATING IN THE FUTURE TIME

9.  I __ _____ cricket tomorrow.
10.I __ __ _____ cricket in the morning between 8 am and 10 am tomorrow.

COMMUNICATING ABOUT TWO PAST ACTIONS
11.I ___ ______ cricket before I went home.

COMMUNICATING ABOUT A FUTURE ACTION HAVING A TIME LIMIT
12.I ___ ____ ______ cricket tomorrow before 10 am.



ANSWERS

COMMUNICATING IN THE PRESENT TIME
1. play
2. like
3. am playing
4. am playing
5. have played
6. have been playing
COMMUNICATING IN THE PAST TIME
7. played
8. was playing
COMMUNICATING IN THE FUTURE TIME
9. will play
10.will be playing
COMMUNICATING ABOUT TWO PAST ACTIONS
11.had played
COMMUNICATING ABOUT A FUTURE ACTION HAVING A TIME LIMIT
12.will have played



TEST 2

Change from Passive to Active:


1. Hindi is spoken in our state.
2. The work is being done now.
3. He wasn't called for the function.
4. They felt as if they were being watched.
5. Has Raj been told about his promotion?
6. He knew why he had been chosen for the post.
7. You will be informed when he comes.
8. The work will have been done by tomorrow.
9. Who is going to be invited?
10. This problem can be solved.

ANSWERS

1. We speak Hindi in our state.
2. She is doing the work now.
3. I didn't call him for the function.
4. They felt as if somebody was watching them.
5. Have you told Raj about his promotion?
6. He knew why they had chosen him for the post.
7. We will inform you when he comes.
8. I will have done the work by tomorrow.
9. Who are you going to invite?
10.You can solve this problem.

(In passive voice since the doer of the action is not mentioned we can use any subject or any pronoun)

TEST 3

       Fill in the blanks by using the right prepositions: ON, OF, TO, AT, WITH, NEAR, FOR, IN

 

Jass has come___1__ meet you__2_____his father____3___giving the invitation___4___his sister's marriage__5__ 1st of next month___6__11 am____7__their house____8___Beypore___9__the LP school.

ANSWERS

1. TO 
2. WITH 
3. FOR 
4.OF
5.ON
6.AT 
7.AT
8.IN 
9.NEAR


TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment