Sunday, February 14, 2016

THINK IN ENGLISH WITH THESE 40 BASIC SENTENCES...

Literacy in English communication lies in understanding the most basic types of sentence-structures in English Communication. These are of 40 types.
Let's see the first four type of sentences:  
1.  I am on leave today.
2.  I have been on leave for a week.
3.  I was at home yesterday.
4.  I will be in office tomorrow.

Now making questions of Yes/No type:
1.  Are you on leave today?
2.  Have you been on leave for a week?
3.  Were you on leave yesterday?
4.  Will you be in office tomorrow?

In all these four sentences above we have used STATE verbs...Now let's see the next set of sentences(3):

5.  He has some work today.
6.  She had an exam yesterday.
7.  They will have an interview tomorrow.

Making questions of Yes/No type:
5.  Does he have any work today?
6.  Did she have any exam yesterday?
7.  Will they have any interview tomorrow?

In all these three sentences above we have used POSSESSION verbs....Now we can go to the next set of sentences(3):

8.  There is a meeting today.
9.  There was a class yesterday.
10. There will be programmes tomorrow.

Making questions of Yes/No type:
8.  Is there any meeting today?
9.  Was there any class yesterday?
10. Will there be any programmes tomorrow?

In all these three sentences above we have used OBJECTIVE REALITY.....Now let's see the next set of sentences(10):

11. We serve vegetarian food here.
12. Children love Amul ice cream for its flavour. 
13. They are preparing Masala Dosa now.
14. I am paying the bill in the evening.
15. I have booked three tickets now.
16. I have been waiting for one hour.
17. We spotted Asha in Calicut.
18. We were using Rakesh's laptop yesterday.
19. I will make the presentation with Rahim.
20. William will be interviewing you in the evening.

Making questions of Wh-type:
11.What kind of food do you serve here?
12. Why do children love Amul ice cream?
13. Which dish are they preparing now?
14. When are you paying the bill?
15. How many tickets have you booked now?
16. For how long have you been waiting?
17. Where did you spot Asha?
18. Whose laptop were you using yesterday?
19. With whom will you make the presentation? 
20. Who will be interviewing me in the evening?

In all these ten sentences above we have used ACTION verbs in ACTIVE voice...Now it's time for the next set of sentences(8):

21. Vegetarian food is served here.
22. Amul ice cream is loved by children for its flavour.
23. Masala Dosa is being prepared now.
24. The bill is being paid in the evening.
25. Three tickets have been booked.
26. Asha was spotted by us in Calicut.
27. Rakesh's laptop was being used by us yesterday.
28. The presentation will be made by Rahim and me.

Making questions of Yes/No-type:
21. Is vegetarian food served here?
22. Is Amul ice cream loved by children for its flavour?
23. Is Masala Dosa being prepared now?
24. Is the bill being paid in the evening?
25. Have the tickets been booked?
26. Was Asha spotted in Calicut?
27. Was Rakesh's laptop being used by us yesterday?
28. Will the presentation be made by Rahim and you?

In all these eight sentences above we have used ACTION verbs in PASSIVE voice...Now let's see the next set of sentences(10):

29. I can come.
30. I could come.
31. I might come.
32. I may come.
33. I shall/will come.
34. I should come.
35. I have to come.
36. I need to come.
37. I must come.
38. I would like to come.
39. I ought to come.
40. I used to come.

Making questions of Yes/No-type:
29. Can I come?
30. Could I come?
31. May I come?
32. May I come?
33. Shall I come?
34. Should I come?
35. Do I have to come?
36. Do I need to come?
37. Should I come?
38. Would I like to come?
39. Do I ought to come?
40. Did I come?

In all these twelve sentences above we have used MODAL verbs.


So with these forty sentences we have seen the most basic types of sentence-structures in English Communication(EC). We have now touched the heart of EC and also gained EC literacy...Congratulations!!!

ANALYSIS

The above ten types of action-sentences show that English language is more ACTION ORIENTED. It is also more focused on what is happening now or you can say it's PRESENT-BASED as there are six types of sentences to talk about PRESENT ACTIONS.


© No Copyright - No rights reserved

4 comments: